I am in Love

 This is a post that I wrote back in 2010 that I believe in as much today as when I wrote it the first time.

I AM IN LOVE !!!

Now its not what you think.....I didnt just meet someone. Actually I known this person all my life.
ITS ME !!!!
Silly I know but when you really stop and think about it, its not. As all you probably experienced in this crazy journey, we have many moments where we are so consumed with our hair loss that we do see ourselves anymore. All we see is alopecia.
Well yesterday during my Christmas shopping, I was in the dressing room trying on some clothes. (I know..shopping for me instead of others LOL) I was standing in the full length mirror assessing my soon to be purchase and as I was staring at my reflection it dawned on me. I love me. The imperfections and all. And yes there is A LOT of imperfections. So many things I would like to change. For starters- my big butt. This was the first time going into a change-room and didn't feel bad about myself and the first time since shaving my head.
I always believed that we have to be able to love ourselves before we can expect anyone else to love us. Because a one sided love can never last.
I know that there is going to be days where I'm not going to be this happy because with the good comes the bad. In fact I spent a couple of days crying about being bald just last week. But I now believe in my own strength and love and I know I have the unconditional support and love from my family, friends and all of you here.
I hope you all find and cherish that love inside of you .....to know you are special, strong and beautiful. Imperfections and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment