"nothing ventured, nothing gained"

Recently I did an oracle tarot reading on myself.  I drew 3 cards.  The first being the Truth card, the second being the Heart Chakra and the third being the Base Chakra.  I have been pondering on these cards for sometime now.  And even if you are not a believer in tarots, I think you can agree with this.  You have to listen to yourself to hear the real truth of what you want or need.  You need to stop the chatter going inside and really listen not just hear.
Lately this become something of which I have been pondering intently.  I find myself listening more intently to what I really want in life.  What will make me most happiest.  But also understanding my fears in my decisions.  To be more specific I have been in a four year relationship with a man that I met online.  In a very short period of time I became to think of him as my best friend.  Someone that I would turn to, to share my thoughts, concerns, hopes and even fears.  We have shared many things over the years but never really voiced our true feelings.  Until recently.  Finally getting the courage to voice that the feelings we shared went beyond just friendship.  That it is love in its purest sense.  Through the foundation of our growing friendship we have come to care deeply for one another.  Hiccup in this scenario is that we live on oopposite ends of the Earth.
So here is the Truth that I had to find within myself.  Will I let the comfort and familiar hold me in fear of the unknown? Will I bravely step out into this world and grasp hold of this promise of love?  My answer....YES!!!
One of the most important things I learned from this man, with his unending support and love, is that I am that brave.  I have crushed the box of fear that held me while I struggled with my alopecia.  And I will throw the box overboard as I make steps forward.  As often said in this world "nothing ventured, nothing gained".
In every decision we make in life, we must shut of the chatter in our minds, meditate, prayer or do whatever works.  Listen to your heart.  Recognize what it is you fear but Dont let that fear stop you from going after what you really want and need.  Trust in yourself, love yourself and believe in yourself to hear and listen to what really matters.
And for me I love myself and this man enough to go after what we would be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment