Finding You by Breaking the Mold

If you are following me on my facebook page you mights have noticed the trending articles out of more and more alopecians stepping out and telling their stories.  
There was one today that I read that struck me most.... She referred to being a bald as a sense of style.  This is something I believe in also and try to express to others. 
While I may not have chosen to lose all my hair, and in fact fought desperately not to be bald, I have now come to accept me as a bald woman.  This is not to say that I accept alopecia.  For that is not the message I wish to convey.  Simply that I accept ME.  This was not a easy conclusion to come to.  It took many years, and many tears to get  here.  
Being bald is huge for a woman, especially when we are constantly bombarded with ads and magazines showing beautiful women with long luxurious hair.  Hair turns into a symbol of what a healthy woman should look like.  It takes a special type of woman to go against society's standards and change that model.  Whether you decide to pixie cut, buzz or in an alopecian's version.....lose it all.  To stand out against the crowd and own your look, is what counts.  Wear a wig, scarf or hat if you so chose to. But do it for the right reasons inside yourself.  If at the end of the day you can't bear to see your reflection without something on your head then you need to work on whats inside of you.  See yourself as a beautiful woman.  See your worth.  See what your love ones around you see.  Then all other opinions don't matter.  Then you start to own your look.  Your sense of style.  Be that special and unique woman that breaks society's standards.  Fashion is meant to push limits, and molds are meant to be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment