New Year's Resolutions

It will soon be a new year meaning symbolically a fresh new start.  I, like so many others come into the new year with a New Year's Resolution.  And this year will be no different.
When I started this blog my goal was to raise awareness about alopecia with my own journey.  And its still my intention to raise awareness for this disease.  But for me personally, alopecia, this passed year has definitely taken a back burner put that on low, stance.  There has been so many other things going on that I dont have time to fret about my lack of hair and what others may think about it.  And I think in doing so I believe I have put to peace many of my ghosts concerning this disease and about living as a bald woman.  And if I can be so bold to say maybe, possibly in allowing my soul to heal some I have opened the door for my body to heal.... meaning I have seen regrowth in the first time in 4 years.  Not much but some.
This passed year has seen me traveling to Australia to meet my long term long distance relationship, and become engaged, to having my fiance visit me here in Canada, to now planning the next stages of our future together.  And to answer whether I would be a bald bride or cover up.  I have full intentions to follow my hearts desire that day; most likely being bald and not giving a hoot.
But to get back on topic.... New Year's Resolutions.  I have made a couple.  Firstly to continue living my life by being happy and not giving a whoop what people think, and making healthy life changes.  Starting with .... I resolve to do at least 10 minutes each day of a yoga practice. 
This passed year I wanted to see myself be healthier and fitter; and along with other sorts of workouts, I have come to find yoga not only physically rewarding but mentally and spiritually. 
So with this resolution in writing here, I will now track my year of yoga.  Stay tuned to my year of yoga and more about my becoming a bride.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment